Are you want to create a Pay Per View Site with WordPress? The pay per view plugin is a plugin used in a WordPress site, where a plugin adds new functionality to your WordPress site or extends existing functionality on your site.
As pay per view is the very usual way that provides facility to take a fee to the people for one time, for per-post, for certain limit of time, or for a subscription.
Creating a WordPress pay per view site is a great way to earn money online for the content creator. So here, in this post, we are going to show you how to set up a pay per view site with WordPress and selling your user’s content directly. The content is facilitated by the user in creating, editing, organizing and publishing on the web servers by the CMS. Where CMS Content management system allows the users to manage documents, files, design as well as the display of the content.
This is one of the best WordPress membership plugins, where a user can easily create membership websites with a paid subscriptions with it. Where a plugin is defined as a type of software that contains a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They are used to provide additional functionality to your application.
How does Pay Per View Websites work?
The pay per view model allows content publishers to sell content directly to the users. Instead of relying on Ad revenue, affiliate links, or other methods of earning money, they can allow users to pay for the content.
There are a lot of methods to create a pay per view website. Depending on how users can access the content, you can choose a pricing and delivery model that works best for you. For example:
- You can create a subscription plan which drips content slowly instead of giving it all at once.
- Also, you can sell each item as a personal digital product.
- Also, you can create weekly, daily or yearly passes for users to gain unrestricted access.
Now, you have to decide which option is best for your business. After choosing the model, you have to follow the below instruction.
Once you have a WordPress site, then take a look at how you can change it into a per pay view site, where you can do all of the above and then some more.
How to create a WordPress Pay Per view Site?
Creating A Pay Per View Site in WordPress with MemberPress Plugin
For this guide, we will be using the MemberPress plugin. Because this plugin is the best WordPress membership plugins on the market and this plugin allows you to create a strong membership website subscription plan and many ways to accept payments.
- First, you have to install the MemberPress plugin and then activate it. For more info, read our guide How to install a plugin in WordPress.
- At the time of activation, you have to go to the MemberPress>>Options page to configure the plugin settings.
- The options page is divided into different tabs. For the pay per view website, the default options will work out of the box. But feel free to review and change them.
- Now, you have to set up the payment gateways in order to accept payments on your website. To do this, click the ‘Payments’ tab and choose your payment gateway.
- Although, MemberPress supports PayPal (Express, Standard, and Pro), Authorize.net, and Stripe out of the box. You must choose the payment method that you want to set up and provide the required credentials.
- Also, you can set up several payment methods. You can do this by clicking the Add button again and add another payment method.
- Don’t forget to click the ‘Update Options‘ button to store your settings.
Creating Membership Levels
Set up the membership level in the next step. This is where you will create different pricing plans that your users can buy.
- Here, you have to go to the MemberPress>>Membership page and then click the ‘Add New‘ button.
- This will take you to the edit membership page. First, you must provide a title for this special membership plan and then provide the plan details in the post editor.
- After this, you need to set the pricing and expiration for this plan under the membership terms section.
- In this example, we are preparing a membership plan which expires in 24 hours. Also, we have checked the option to ‘Allow renewal’, so that users can renew their membership and if they wish, again pay the day.
- Here, below the post editor, scroll down the membership options meta box. This is where you can set up various options for this special membership plan.
- The default membership options will work for most websites. You will have to click the Price box tab and here you can provide the details, which you want to show in the Pricing box.
- After being satisfied with the membership plan, click the publish button to make it available.
- Repeat the same process to make other membership plans that you need such as weekly, monthly, or annual plans.
Restricting Content to Membership Plans
Also, MemberPress makes it very easy to restrict paid members by making rules only.
- Go to the MemberPress>>Rule page and then click the ‘Add New‘ button.
- Rule Edit page allows you to choose the conditions. If the content matches the condition, then you can choose which membership gets to use it.
- For example, you can choose all the content that matches a category, tag, a single post, a URL and more.
- You can create generic rules that apply to all content, or you can make specific rules for particular items on your site.
- Below the Rules Editor, you will see content drip and expiration options.
- However, Drip content permits you to gradually release the content to users instead of giving it all away at once. If you are unsure about it at this time, you can leave it unchecked.
- The expiration option makes the content unavailable after a period of time. Again, if you unsure what to do, you should leave it unchecked.’
- Don’t forget to click the ‘Save Rule‘ button to store your settings.
- Repeat the same process to create new rules according to your requirement.
- In the above example, we have created all the content tagged ‘Paid’ available for all membership plans. Now, we need to add a paid tag to all the content, which we want to keep behind the paywall.
Creating a Pricing Page
MemberPress makes it very easy and simple to show pricing and plans which users can buy on your site. Let’s make a pricing plan that displays user’s various membership plans that they can purchase.
- Go to the MemberPress>>Groups page and then click the Add new button.
- First, you have to provide a title for the group plan page. Also, it will be the title for plans page that your users will see.
- Next, scroll down the ‘Group Options‘ meta Box. Here you can add memberships that you want to show on the page.
- Also, you can choose a theme for your pricing table. MemberPress comes with some ready-made designs to choose from.
- Once finished, click the ‘Publish’ button to make your plan public. If you click the ‘View Group’ link after publishing it, then you will be able to see your pricing and plan page.
Redirecting Users to Pricing and Plans Page
Thus, now we want unauthorized users to be redirected to the pricing page when they try to access our prohibited content.
- First, you have to go to the Memberpress>>Group page and copy the URL of the group that you created in the previous step.
- After that, go to the MemberPress>>Options page and scroll down to the ‘Unauthorized Access’ section.
- You will need to check the box next to ‘Redirect unauthorized visitors to a specific URL’ option and after that, you can paste the group URL that you copied earlier.
- Don’t forget to click the ‘Update Options‘ button to save your changes.
- Now all the users trying to access restricted content will be redirected to the pricing and plan page that you created as a group.
Taking Your Pay Per View Website to the Next Level
MemberPress is the powerful WordPress membership plugin with amazing features and lots of add-ons for expanding your pay per view site.
You can integrate it with LearnDash for selling courses online. Connect it to your email marketing service, such as AWeber or Content Contact.
We hope this post helped you to create a Pay per view site with WordPress. Read the above steps carefully and create your pay per view website that is a very good way to monetize your blogs and your online business.
If you have any problem related to creating a pay-per-view site. Feel free and use the comments box provided below! Also, share the post with your peers.
Need instant help for WordPress? Just feel free to avail our Services by dialling our WordPress Support number, + 1 844 275 0975. We will be glad to help you.That’s all, thanks!
Read Some Other Blogs: