How to Install a Plugin in WordPress?
- Last Updated: Nov 17th, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: WordPress Knowledge
A plugin is defined as a type of software that contains a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They are used to provide additional functionality to your application. We have shown the two ways to install plugin in WordPress which is free and paid.
Read More: Top 8 WordPress Plugin for SEO
HOW TO INSTALL A WORDPRESS PLUGIN THAT’S FREE
How to install a WordPress plugin that’s free works differently than installing a premium plugin. We will tell you both and first Starting with free plugins:
- First of all go to the admin panel – http://your-domain.com/wp-admin/ and click on “Plugins” in the sidebar menu:
- Then, click on the “Add New” button at the top
- You’ll see next is a page showing you a short list of recommended plugins and a search field on the right – this is the one we’re going to use. Just Input the name of the plugin that you want to install in that search field.
- Select the plugin and click the “Install Now” button. When you will do this WordPress is going to fetch the plugin and have it installed on my site. It works much like installing a new app from the App Store.
- When the installation is complete, you’ll see this:
- click the “Activate Plugin” link that has just appeared. The plugin has been activated, and WordPress will let you know about this fact over a small note at the top of the page:
HOW TO INSTALL A PREMIUM / PAID WORDPRESS PLUGIN
The whole process of how to install a WordPress plugin that’s premium different. premium plugins are not available in the official plugin directory – the one you can access using the search option in your wp-admin panel.
- Firstly obtain the plugin itself. This step you need to handle on your own. It involves going to a marketplace or a plugin store, and buying a copy of the plugin from there.
- As a result of your purchase you should have the installable plugin file saved as a ZIP archive. Like so:
- Once you have your ZIP file, go back to your WordPress wp-admin panel, click on “Plugins” in the sidebar menu, and then on the “Add New” button:
- Next, click on the “Upload Plugin” button visible at the top:
- On the next screen, you will be able to upload your plugin’s ZIP file straight to your WordPress. Select the ZIP from your desktop and confirm the upload by clicking on “Install Now.”
- When WordPress finishes doing its magic, you’ll only need to activate the plugin. After doing so, the plugin is online and you can start using it.
We hope that the above article helped you in installing a plugin in WordPress. You can also take help from our WordPress techincal Support Number. Please Dial + 1 844 897 0441 (Toll-Free). We have a team of good professional who can resolve all your issues related to WordPress.
Read More Blogs:
- Fix: WordPress Syntax Error
- How to solve WordPress Issue “admin dashboard is not displaying properly“
- Fixing-Can’t delete a WordPress Plugin
- Best CDN services in WordPress 2017
- WordPress Error: Cannot Modify Header Information