Top 10 WordPress PDF Plugins- [Best Plugins of 2018]
- Last Updated: Aug 17th, 2018
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: WordPress Knowledge
This time we gathered a ton of information about the best WordPress PDF Plugins. Some of these you must have heard before and some not.
Very often, a PDF file can be quite valuable for a blog or website! Furthermore, in the business world, there are many instances where you wish to show the PDF file on the web pages. Notice that the WordPress does not support the integrating of PDF file by default. Therefore, you can show these type of files only via links.
Further on, you might be thinking of what WordPress PDF plugin is? Thereafter, have a glimpse on the best WordPress PDF viewer plugins.
What is WordPress PDF Viewer plugin?
Well, a PDF file is similar to the documents formats. Further, these files are very popular on the internet because these make the documents looks are quite professional.
Bending towards the point! PDF Plugins are the pieces of software which will help you to embed a pdf file into your WordPress site.
With the help of these plugins, the users can overturn via actual documents such as pages, take notes while zooming in, and print the document if necessary.
Continuously, some of the PDF plugins provides other tools to convert a blog post to PDF file or generating a cover image for PDFs that you can upload to your WordPress blog.
When Should You Use WordPress PDF Plugin?
- While you have already a large huge document formatted and you want to convert it into a PDF. Then it would be a deplete to rewrite.
- Next, displaying the large documents which will look stupid as a blog post or page.
- If you need to share links to documents that shouldn’t be modified If you are required for sharing the links to documents that should not be altered by the people who downloaded them, then you can convert a pdf to a modifiable document. Further, there are several ways for securing the PDFs or make them harder to modify.
- If you wish to share something online and it is not detectable by a search engine. For example, an eBook, where you would quite protect the content, but the search engine would not be crawling for it.
- Last but not least, if you wish to create a current content-based PDF like a series of blog posts, then you have to look into an eBook.
Now, let’s have a look at the plugins, which are illustrated below:
Best WordPress PDF Plugins
- PDF Viewer
- Google Doc Embedder
- PDF and Print by BestWebSoft
- PDF Embedder
- WP Advanced PDF
- DK PDF
- PDF Image Generator
- BSK PDF Manager
- PDF Thumbnails
- WordPress PDF Light Viewer Plugin
Now let’s get cracking in detail!
1. PDF Viewer
PDF Viewer plugin is one of the best PDF plugins for WordPress. Further, it is entirely accessible so that the admin can show the PDF file easily over their site and on each & every device.
In addition, this plugin allows you to show the PDF files within your WordPress posts and pages. However, it uses the Mozilla’s PDF.JS script to represent smoothly PDF documents with tools for scrolling documents, jumping between pages, printing PDF files and downloading.
Meanwhile to say, it is a feature-rich plugin. However, you can get access to the majority of this plugin’s features in one payment of $17.
- It can be translated into more than 100 languages.
- Links and Bookmarks are also supported in the documents.
- You can connect this plugin to Google Analytics to know how many people read and download your PDFs.
- The developers provide few of the best support and documentation in this category.
2. Google Doc Embedder
Google Doc Embedder is one of the quite beneficial WordPress pdf plugins. Moreover, it also supports a broad range of file types. However, you don’t require to convert your pdf file to Google Docs, but according to me, this plugin was made when this was the case.
The important thing is that – most of the features of this plugin are covered in a free version. Therefore, you don’t have the need to go for its premium version.
- With the help of this plugin, while you are writing a content, you can add the PDFs and other files through the embed button that shows up in your WordPress post editor.
- The plugin supports most of the things like from PDFs to Word docs and PSDs to OTFs.
- It presently translates into ten various languages that allow for more people to access it and use the plugin on their own sites.
- If you have more style then you also have the option to work with a shortcode.
3. PDF and Print by BestWebSoft
As the name suggests, the PDF and Print by BestWebSoft adds a PDF download & print button to your WordPress post, page, and custom post types. In addition, with the help of this plugin, you can also add site title, features images, custom styles, and fonts.
Furthermore, this plugin can also execute a shortcode when generating PDF or create a printer-friendly version.
However, It acts as a converter when you would like to take a blog post and convert it into a PDF. Meanwhile to say, it allows the users to complete the entire conversion directly from your site.
Finally, mostly features are covered within its free version. But it also provides the premium plans for some things such as creating custom document headers, adding watermarks, integrating with WooCommerce and other categories.
- It allows your users to download PDFs from your posts.
- This plugin provides various icons for your print buttons.
- It supports search results, pages, archives, and custom post types.
- By using shortcode or widgets you can add the conversions buttons.
4. PDF Embedder
The PDF Embedder plugin is one of the best ways to present the PDFs over a site. Further, it allows you to embed PDF files into WordPress posts and pages.
In its free version, a lot of features are included that you will need such as PDF embed function, regular navigation buttons, and quick upload buttons.
However, it offers the premium version with advanced features such as a full-screen button, mobile friendliness, and the page jump technology etc.
- With this plugin, you can upload the PDF within a single click.
- You can also adjust the PDF dimensions manually.
- The plugin’s paid version only has a small one-time payment.
5. WP Advanced PDF
WP Advanced PDF is a pdf generator plugin for posts and pages in a pdf format by using TCPDF class. In common words, we can say! It enables your blog readers to create the PDFs of your blog posts.
In addition, the entire process is self-contained. Even the users can withdraw the blog within a single click in case you provide the links.
Continuously, the users registered in this plugin have the limited access possibility to PDFs or existing links.
However, it has many options to use custom fonts such as headers, footers, set spacing, logo and even add a watermark to your PDF files.
6. DK PDF
DK PDF is a feature-rich plugin allows the users to download their posts and pages in PDF format by clicking on a button. Further, with the help of this plugin, users can switch their posts and pages into PDF and download.
The DK PDF plugin comes with the easy-to-use interface to install PDF download button and creates its own custom header and footer to download the PDF. However, the easy interface of this plugin helps you to insert this button to posts, pages, and custom post types.
Additionally, by using custom CSS, you can create your own custom header, footer, and logo.
Last but not least, it also comes with a shortcode that allows you to control what content will be inside the PDF. You can also hide the content that you do not want to include in the PDF.
7. PDF Image Generator
PDF Image Generator creates a cover image for the PDF files in WordPress post. Furthermore, with the help of this plugin, you can show the thumbnail image and link it to the PDF file.
In addition, this plugin can generate the cover image by using the first page of the PDF or featured image. And it can show as a download icon on your WordPress site.
Finally, you can create the thumbnails for all existing PDFs in the Media Library. The important thing that you should be noticed here – Your server must have ImageMagick and GhostScript installed.
8. BSK PDF Manager
This BSK PDF Manager plugin is a file manager for PDF files on your WordPress site. Further, if you frequently upload a lot of PDF files to your WordPress site on regular basis, then you need some help to arrange them.
Moreover, this plugins helps the admin to crack them into categories or show these categories in a list. Hence, the readers can download the complete category within a single click.
In addition, this plugin is easy to use. Further, you need to copy the shortcode into post or pages where you wish to display the links.
Lastly, it’s premium version offers a lot of additional features.
9. PDF Thumbnails
Similar to the PDF Image Generator plugin – The PDF thumbnail is also create the thumbnails of the initial page of your PDF file. Further, the plugin fastening into your Media Library to create a thumbnail while you uploading a pdf file.
However, your PDF file and thumbnail image are residues as two different files. You have to enter the generated thumbnail manually and afterward link it to a PDF file. Finally, by using this you can handle the way that thumbnails are generated via shortcodes.
10. WordPress PDF Light Viewer Plugin
Continuously, the navigation between the PDF’s pages is smooth and easy. However, the PDF Light Viewer Plugin also comes with multiple features such as zoom, a full-screen mode, and lazy loading of images etc.
Being compatible with multisite, it is fully responsive and can work on various screen sizes. However, the premium version of this provides the per page printing, single separate pages, simple PDF page search, and PDF categories.
We hope this blog helps you to learn the same. Thus, if you have any question regarding these WordPress PDF Plugin, let me know in the comment section provided below.
Also you on the way of exposure! If you liked this post then share it with your peers.
If you still need help contact our WordPress Technical Support Team. Please Dial + 1 844 897 0441 (Toll-Free). We have a team of good professional who can resolve all your issues related to WordPress.