WordPress Security – Best Plugin to use
- Last Updated: Oct 23rd, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: WordPress Opinion
WordPress is the most popular Content Management System on the web and is now powering over 26.5% of all websites. Since it holds such a large piece of the market share; it brings additional security concerns and increases your risk of attack when vulnerabilities are discovered.
In 90,978 attacks /minute, hackers are attacking to WordPress security sites. There are some ways you can take care of your site.
According to WP Scan, a black box WordPress vulnerability scanner,4618 vulnerabilities (2,355 unique) there are have been reported to date.WordPress plugins vulnerabilities 52%. WordPress 37% for core account and 11% for theme account. This has also been confirmed by Wordfence findings where they discovered that 55.9% of vulnerabilities came from plugins.
We took a look at the plugin repository and discovered the following:
- There are currently a total of 37,300 plugins available in theWordPress.org repository
- 17,383 of those plugins have not been updated in the past 2 years.
- 13,655 plugins have a compatibility tag of 3.x. WordPress 4.0 was released in September 2014.
- 3,990 plugins have not been updated since 2010 which is over 7 years ago.
- WordPress plugins in the plugin source code repository 29,892 that are not listed in the plugin directory.
ITHEMES security is an iThemes Security plugin that claims to provide 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress website from hackers attacks. It strengthens user credentials by fixing common vulnerabilities and automated attacks. The plugin is available in both free and premium versions.
iThemes covers all of the following:
- Two-factor authentication
- Brute force protection
- Monitoring core files for any changes
- Ticketed support (for pro users)
- Logging user actions
- The incorrect credential attempts for multiple users
ALL IN ONE WP SECURITY & FIREWALL
All In One WP Security & Firewall is a user-friendly interface for those who are not familiar with advanced security settings. The latest techniques and security measures for checking vulnerabilities to plugin protects your website.
However, the useful feature for WP Security & Firewall is a meter on your dashboard that gives your site secure it is.
It also has a security scanner that keeps track of files and notifies you of each change in your WordPress system. It can also detect malicious code in your WordPress website.
Another popular plugin that helps to secure your WordPress website is BulletProof Security. This plugin provides a single click security solution. It secures your website against RFI, XSS, CRLF, SQL injection, and code injection hackings.
The full list of features included with BulletProof security is too long to list, but here are a few:
- An easy single-click setup
- A record of the number of login attempts
- File monitoring and quarantining of uploaded files
- Email alerts for a variety of user actions
- Alerts when suspected malicious activity affects your site
It also has a pro version that offers some advanced features to improve the security of your website.
With an increasing number of hacking attacks, it is necessary to have security on your WordPress website. The security plugins mentioned above will help you with that.
If. you need any kind of help specifically related t o security issues of your site; you can always dial our WordPress tech support phone number +1 888 614 0555.