2 Simple Ways to Create Custom Login Page For WordPress
- Last Updated: Apr 20th, 2018
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: WordPress Knowledge
Are you wish to create a custom login page for WordPress? A custom login page permits users to log in your site from a custom page instead of the default WordPress login page. In this article, we will explain to you how to create a custom login page for WordPress without any coding.
When and Why You Need a Custom Login Page
If you are running a membership site and you do not use WordPress membership plugin, then your users will register and login to your site by using default WordPress login page.
However, this can work for small websites. But, if you are running a business site or an online community, then you may show your own brand rather than WordPress.
There is one way to do this, you can add own logo and white label WordPress admin dashboard. If you want the users do not access the admin area at the time of login then you have to add a custom login page.
Also, it works like any other page of the WordPress website. It uses the colors and style of WordPress theme and your users don’t even see the admin area of your website.
Read Also: How to Create a Custom Page in WordPress
Methods to Create Custom Login Page
There are two simple methods to build your custom login page.
Method 1: creating Custom Login Page With Theme My Login
To create the custom login page with this method follow these steps as shown below:
- First, you have to install and activate the Theme My Login plugin.
- After activation, the plugin will enable custom login page which matches your WordPress theme. After this, You can go to the login page and see the custom login page.
- This plugin is also used to create custom registration and profile pages, custom emails and setting up custom redirects.
- For enable these feature you will have to click on the TML menu in the admin bar to the configure plugin settings.
- Also, check the box that is next to the module, that you want to enable. Enabling all modules will also enable the module’s setting tab.
- For example, if you enable custom email module then it will add an email tab under the TML menu.
- Although, this plugin has also a custom login widget. To do this, go to the Appearance > Widgets page and add theme my login widget to a sidebar.
Method 2: Creating a Custom Login Page using WPForms
It is beginner friendly Contact form plugin for WordPress. However, the premium version of WPForms permits you to create custom WordPress login and registration forms. It is used to create a custom login page however it is also used to create custom user registration page with anti-spam features.
Here we have some steps to create it using WPForms:
- First, you have to install and activate the WPForms plugin.
- After activation, you need to enter your license key. For this go to the WPForms > settings page. Also, you can receive this key from your WPForms site’s account.
- After verification, you have to go to the WPForms > Add-ons page.
- Now go to the ‘User Registration Addon’ and click on the Install Addon button.
- Thus, WPForms will bring and install the addon. Click on the activate button for using this. After activation, you are ready to create a custom login page.
- For this go to the WPForms > Add New page and enter the form name and select ‘User Login Form’ template.
- Also, it will launch WPForms’ form builder. You will see the login fields preloaded in the form. To edit it, click on a field.
- Now, click on the setting tab and then select confirmation. This is where the field you define what to do on successful login.
- You can show a page or a message to the users or you can redirect them to any URL. Click on the save button to save your form setting. And if you want to exit from form builder then click on the close button.
- Now you are ready to add this custom login form to a page on your WordPress website.
- Create a new page or edit a page that you want to use as a custom login page. Click on the add form button which is above the post editor.
- This will show you a popup where you have to choose the custom login form which you created and click on the add form button.
- However, the form shortcode will see in the post editor. Now you can save your page or publish it or you can continue editing the post.
Now, you can go to your website to see the custom login page.
- Also, you can add your login form as a widget to the sidebar of your website. To do this go to the Appearance > Widget page and add WPForms to a sidebar.
- Choose your custom login form in the widget settings and click on the save button to save your changes.
Here, we have discussed a way to Create a Custom Login Page for WordPress. Often, we concluded why you need and its method to create it.
We hope this post will help you to a create custom login page. If you have any problem related to this, tell us in the comments section. We are very happy to help you.
If you liked this post, then please share the blog with your peers.
If you have any WordPress questions feel free to ask us as you can get our expert advice. For the same, our support team is always ready to deliver WordPress Customer service. Just dial our support phone number +1 844 897 0441(Toll-Free) to know how our professionals can help you.