Steps to Upload Photos from Adobe Lightroom to WordPress: Guide
- Last Updated: May 14th, 2018
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: WordPress Knowledge
Are you facing any problem to upload photos from Adobe Lightroom to WordPress? Most users use the Adobe Lightroom to edit photos before uploading them to WordPress. Since editing the photos is important and manually uploading them to WordPress can be a time drain.
So, in this post, we will explain to you how to upload photos from Adobe Lightroom to WordPress.
Requirements for upload photos from Adobe Lightroom to WordPress
First, you have to install Adobe Lightroom on your computer. Here, in this post, we will use Envira Gallery. It is best gallery plugin in WordPress. It permits you to build your responsive image gallery in WordPress.
Recently, Envira Gallery announced the Lightroom Addon. Since it is available with their Platinum and Gold license. And, this Addon offers seamless integration between Adobe Lightroom and WordPress website.
Now, let’s take a look at:
How you can add Adobe Lightroom to WordPress
Step 1. Setting Up Adobe Lightroom
- You have to install and setup Adobe creative cloud app on your computer.
- After installation, you have to sign in creative cloud app with your Adobe ID. when you logged in then make sure that file syncing is enabled.
- Now, you have to install Envira Gallery Add-on for Adobe Lightroom. Also, you can do this going to Add-ons for Adobe Lightroom page and searching for Envira plugin.
- To open the Addon preview page click on the Envira Gallery and after that click on the Install or Free button to continue.
- After installation, Adobe Creative Cloud app will display you a notification that Envira Gallery addon has been installed successfully.
- The installation will download a zip file which is the Envira-gallery.zip file. So, you need to extract this zip file.
- Now, you should see an enviralrplugin.zip file in your computer’s download folder. Extract this file and find Envira.lrplugin file.
- You have to open the Adobe Lightroom and click on the File>>Plugin Manager in the toolbar.
- You will see a plugin manager window. Now, click on the Add button and choose the Envira.lrplugin file from your computer.
- Click on the Done button to close the plugin manager window. Now, you should see Envira Gallery in the Adobe Lightroom under publishing service.
- You have added Envira Gallery as a publish service to Adobe Lightroom. Now, you have to set up Envira Gallery to work with Adobe Lightroom.
Step 2: Setting up Envira Gallery plugin
- Since Envira Gallery plugin is a premium WordPress plugin. However, Adobe Lightroom has Gold and Platinum plans.
- You have to install and activate the Envira Gallery plugin. Read more how to install a plugin.
- After activation, you need to go to Envira Gallery >> Settings page. You need to enter your license key. You can get this license key in Envira Gallery website on your account page.
- When you verifying the license key then you need to click on Addon tab and scroll down to find the Lightroom addon and just click on the Install addon button.
- Envira Gallery will install it and now, you need to click on the activate button to enable it.
- Reload the setting page and you will see Lightroom tab.
- Just click on this. You will see two options.
- In the first option, you need to select the user account which you want to use for publishing photos from Lightroom.
- And in the second option, you need to generate an access token.
- You will need this access token in the next step. So, copy this access token.
- Click on the Save button to store your settings.
Step 3: Connect Lightroom to Envira Gallery on WordPress Website
- Since we have set up both Envira Gallery and Lightroom. So, the next step is to permit Lightroom to speak with Envira Gallery on your WordPress website.
- You have to open the Adobe Lightroom and click on the Setup link next to the Envira Gallery under the publish service panel.
- This will bring the publishing service manager window. You have to enter the address of your WordPress site and the access token which you generated earlier.
- When you have done this then click on the authenticate button.
- Now, Lightroom connects to your WordPress website. When it will connect successfully then you will see a successful message.
- Now, click on the OK button on the message and click on the Save button in publishing service manager window.
Step 4: Upload Photos From Lightroom to WordPress
- All the above steps were to set up Lightroom and Envira Gallery. And, you will not the requirement to repeat these steps in future.
- Now, you can upload photos from Lightroom to WordPress with Envira Gallery easily.
- Go to the Adobe Lightroom and right click on the Envira under the Publish Service Panel.
- Click on the Create Published Collection… option from the menu.
- It will bring a popup window. In this, you have to enter a name for your collection. Also, this name will become your image gallery name in your WordPress website.
- When you have entered the name then click on the create button to continue.
- Now, Lightroom will create an empty collection for you. In this collection, you can drag and drop images.
- When you add, edit, or remove images in a collection then you will see a Publish button.
- Hence, click on it will upload images to WordPress and save them in your Envira Gallery.
- You can edit, remove, make changes etc.
- Click on the Publish button. However, your Envira Gallery will update because addon keeps Lightroom synchronized with WordPress.
- Now, you can go to your WordPress admin area and then go to Envira Gallery to view the Lightroom collection added as a gallery.
- This Gallery will save as draft. Hence, you can add it in your posts, pages and you have to publish it.
Thus, you can Upload Photos from Adobe Lightroom to WordPress.
Here, in this post, we have discussed how to upload photos from Adobe Lightroom to WordPress. We hope this post will help you to upload photos.
If you any problem related to this post, please tell us in the comment section below. We are always ready to help you.
If you liked this post, please share it with your peers.
Thanks for visiting us. For more help on any other issues talk to our WordPress Support team to get instant advice & support, Dial +1 844 897 0441 (Toll-Free) to avail our WordPress security services.
Read More Blogs: