Are you looking for PayPal alternatives for freelancers to gather payments in WordPress? PayPal is one of the simplest platforms to collect payments on your website. Still, it is not usable in all countries and entire of your clients may want to use it. In this article, we will show some of the best PayPal alternatives for freelancers to collect payments in WordPress.
Why Look for PayPal Alternatives to Accept Online Payments?
PayPal has made online transactions rapid and problem free. It lets WordPress site owners to make money online by selling products and services. Still there are valid issues with PayPal which leads to many searching for PayPal alternatives.
For example:- there are a number of developing countries where PayPal does not work. PayPal transaction charges are also on the larger side and can somewhat build up over time.
The major reason why people are searching for PayPal alternatives is its changeable behavior. Here are 8 payment services that you can use as PayPal alternatives on your WordPress site.
Transferwise allows your clients to pay you precisely in your local currency. Your clients will be charged for the payment and it will be sent to your bank account as a local transfer.
It is usable in many countries and currencies. Transferwise fees change depending on the location of both sender and receiver. Still, we have found it to be frequently way lower than other payment services or a direct wire transfer. They also use the same exchange rate that you see on Google or XE, which also saves you additional money in currency exchange.
One drawback is that Transferwise doesn’t allow business payments to be sent in a few countries. Check the country page before requesting your clients to send you money for pricing and business payment status.
Advantages of Transferwise
- It lets you accept payments from clients, anywhere in the world.
- Accepts payment into your bank account within 2 – 3 days of being paid.
- Simple and easy to use.
- In Transferwise all transfers are based on real-time exchange rates.
Stripe has fastly become the most popular PayPal alternative and one of the most prominent payment gateways. Unluckily, it is only available in select few countries.
The best part about using Stripe is lower fees, ease of use, and smooth integration into popular WordPress eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce and Shopify.
If you don’t want to setup a complete online store then create a simple form with WP Forms to collect payments using Stripe from your clients.
Stripe fees changes depending on which country you are in. For the United States, they have a fixed 2.9% + 30¢ fees for any profitable credit card charge.
Advantages of Stripe
- Ease of use – It is simple, easy to use and setup.
- Bank account transfer – Very quick transfer into your bank account (within two days of getting payment).
- International customers – No additional international payment fees.
- Customization – Overall support for custom development and integration.
3. Google Wallet
Google Wallet is another best option to replace PayPal for your payments. It is currently only accessible in the United States and the United Kingdom, and you cannot send payments from the US to UK. It doesn’t have an out of box assimilation available for any WordPress ecommerce platform.
Alike many other Google tools and services, it does not charge any fees for sending or receiving money. This makes it a better option for freelancers who wish to request client payments through Google Wallet.
Advantages of Google Wallet
- Automatic transfer to your bank account – It automatically transfers your received payments into your bank.
- Receive money from anyone – They don’t want to have the Wallet app installed, just an email address or phone number.
- Payment through the web or a mobile app – The customers can pay through Google wallet’s website or through a mobile app on their smartphone.
4. Shopify Payments
Shopify’s integrated payment system can be a good way to get payments from customers if you’re an online retailer or running an eCommerce site. Shopify Payments comes as part of the entire Shopify eCommerce service. Shopify charges a monthly fee for its entire eCommerce platform, usable in a variety of plans. The amount you pay for Shopify payments rely upon which plan you use.
Advantages of Shopify Payments
- Shopify Payments integrates with other apps and systems – It integrates with third party payment processors and other apps along with Facebook Shop and Pinterest.
- International payments – It accept payments from international customers in the UK, Canada, and Australia at no additional charge.
- Accounting – Works with most of the online accounting apps to make reconciliation and reporting simpler.
Payoneer is a steady name in the online payments industry. It is present in many countries around the world. There are currently no integrations available to connect it directly to your eCommerce or membership website. But, you can request clients to send payments using Payoneer.
Payoneer also makes it quite useful to withdraw payments into your local bank account or use Payoneer branded debit card to withdraw payments from ATMs anyplace in the world. The drawback is that their fees are higher compared to Stripe or PayPal but lower than other payment service providers.
For accepting credit card payments straightly from clients you will be charged 3% of the transaction amount. Furthermore, you will be charged $1.50 for local bank transfer in the same currency. If you are withdrawing amount in another currency account then you will pay an additional 2% of the transaction amount.
Advantages of Payoneer
- Fast payments – Payoneer receive funds within minutes of getting paid.
- Send payment requests – Multiple options for billing and getting paid.
- Easy to make payments – In case you want to send money to others, Payoneer makes it simple to send bulk payments to multiple recipients.
6. Amazon Payments
The Amazon Payments system isn’t just limited to selling on Amazon unlike Shopify Payments. You can coordinate the Amazon Payments system in many various ways and let people pay for goods and services with their saved Amazon account details. Amazon charges a little different amounts for domestic and international payments.
Advantages of Amazon Payments
- Branding – Strong Amazon branding creates trust with your users.
- One click payments – The customers can order and pay for goods with one click.
It is one of the most well-established payment providers there is, with more than 20 years of experience in providing payment services.
Advantages of Authorize.net
- Payment types – Accepts payments from all main debit and credit cards, Android Pay, eCheck, and Visa Checkout.
- International payments – It accept money from clients and customers around the world.
- Development APIs – Authorize.net allows integration with other apps to understand and process transaction details.
- Customer information – Securely store customer information to make future purchases easier.
It is one of the most famous payment gateways and a better PayPal alternative. All of the well-known eCommerce plugins for WordPress have add ons to integrate 2Checkout as your payment gateway. You can also add it in your online store and start selling products to countries where Stripe or PayPal are not supported.
It grants various payment withdraw methods, and you can integrate your Payoneer debit card to withdraw payments. Other features include multiple currencies and languages support.
2Checkout charges differ depending on which country you are located in. You will be charged 2.9% of the transaction amount for the United States + 30¢ on each transaction.
Advantages of 2Checkout
- Payment Location – You can use the API for putting the checkout on your site or you can use “inline” checkout.
- Merchant Account – You want a merchant account for accepting payments.
- Security – They are Level 1 PCI compliant.
So we hope that this article helped you to select the best PayPal Alternatives for collecting the payments in WordPress.
Stripe is the most developer-friendly platform, so if you actually want to get into the personalization of your checkout page, this is a best one to go with.
2Checkout appear to be the most global-friendly of the options, so if you’re expecting to cast a wider net, that may be the one you want to turn to.
You can talk to our WordPress Customer Service Phone Number to get instant assistance and support related to WordPress, dial + 1 844 275 0975(Toll-Free).