What is Minify and When Do You Need it?
The word ‘Minify‘ is used to describe a method that reduces the size of your website. However, it achieves this goal by removing lines, white space, and unnecessary characters from the source code.
Also, you can minify PHP files. But PHP is a server-side programming language. And minifying it, will not improve page load speed to your users.
Although the clear advantage of minifying files is improved the WordPress speed and performance. The compact files are faster to load and also improve the speed of your WordPress website.
However, few experts believe that the performance improvements for most WordPress sites are very small and are not worth the hassle. Also, the minification decreases only some kilobytes of data on most websites. Also, you can reduce more page load time by simply optimizing images for the web.
Here, we will show you an example of normal CSS code:
After minifying the code it will look like this:
- The first thing you have to install the Better WordPress Minify plugin and then activate it. For more info, see our guide on how to install a plugin in WordPress.
- After activation, the plugin will add a new menu item labeled ‘BWP minify’ in WordPress admin bar. By clicking on it you will take to the plugin’s settings.
- Now you can click the Save Changes button to save your settings.
- Also, there are a lot of other advanced options on this page. The default settings work for most websites. But you can review these options and change them on a case by case basis.
- After this, you should go to your website. Right-click anywhere and then choose ‘View Page Source’ from the browser menu.
- Now, you will see the HTML source code that is generated by your WordPress website.
If you have any question or suggestion related to this, let me know in the comment section provided below! Also, share the post with your peers!
Thanks for Giving your valuable time to Read this article. You are always welcome to visit here anytime soon if you have any other queries. In case if you need any further help, regarding WooCommerce Setup contact our WordPress Support number at toll-free +1-855-945-3219.That’s all, thanks!
Read More Blogs: