There are many way to update the outdated WooCommerce Template Files. As you all know that WooCommerce for E-Commerce websites is a widely used WordPress plugin. Powered by WordPress and since WordPress powers at around 24% of the internet, it also allows all these website owners to sell using a platform they already know and love. This widely popular e-commerce platform is home to nearly 400,000 sites. WooCommerce comes with almost all the functionalities that you require to open an online store.
And through its extension system, it also possess many advanced capabilities. It helps you sell products or services online from your WordPress site at a very affordable and accessible manner. WooCommerce smartly takes care of every WordPress process.
WooCommerce encourages an active community of contributors to the project since it is an open source codebase which means that its code is freely available for anyone to view, modify as they want and contributes. It also offers specific stylish mobile-responsive WordPress themes. It consists of never-ending design options as WordPress themes work with WooCommerce setup, where you have a huge selection to choose from.
WooCommerce makes the process of setting up your online store as quickly and easily as possible. As it offers an on-boarding wizard to guide you through the setup in just five minutes, thus having an Intuitive and powerful interface.
This e-commerce store gives you everything you need to harness the power of search engine optimization and dominate the Google rankings. Since it has access to the blogging infrastructure of WordPress and also possesses an ability to dig deep and edit your store’s metadata as well. WooCommerce is a very secure platform. Also, it is regularly updated to take away your worry about security issues, and bugs.
In this blog, we will show you on how to update WooCommerce template files.
Why and When the Outdated Templates Error Appears
- The theme developers used to follow WooCommerce previous guidelines regarding customization. WooCommerce used to suggest creating a WooCommerce folder in the theme. Where WooCommerce files copied and customized without overriding the core plugin.
- Customization of WordPress Theme is done using the child theme. It means if your Parent theme contains a WooCommerce folder, in your Child theme you would have required doing the same by overriding the overrides.
- However, creating a WooCommerce folder in the child theme to override the WooCommerce folder of your parent theme to override WooCommerce templates…not a good idea anymore.
- Although, some old and badly coded themes, still use this obsolete overwhelming practice.
- They change and change their template files after a new version of WooCommerce is released. As a result, your outdated theme might still be trying to override a WooCommerce template with a version that is older than the one used by the new WooCommerce plugin.
- However, the theme authors generally fix their theme very fast. So giving them a few days before updating your WooCommerce plugin is suggested.
Steps to update and fix outdated WooCommerce template files?
1. a) Avoid overriding WooCommerce Template Files
This can be the best solution for you. Overriding full templates is no longer recommended at any time.
And if you do not override, then you will not have to fight anymore with this error.
1. b) Change WordPress theme as soon as possible!
Unless you use your current theme, you will continue to keep this error forever. Developers are not clearly running with the latest guidelines.
There should be no theme /woocommerce folder. Ask and check before investing in any WooCommerce Template Files.
But what if you are using an old theme and have no intention of switching to a more modern, customized one?
2. Check if your theme needs updating
If your theme does not need to be updated then always the WordPress dashboard will not inform you. Go back where you buy the theme and see if they have a new version or not.
Updating will probably solve your problem.
Next time, don’t update WooCommerce until you are 100% sure that your current theme version is completely compatible with the latest WooCommerce version.
3. Contact the theme developers ASAP
However, you are paying them so that they can help you. Tell them what version you are currently using and what files require updating.
Contact them immediately and make sure that they can send you an updated copy as soon as possible before they officially release it on the theme marketplace (because it usually takes a few days).
Afer that, update your theme.
If you are facing any issue regarding WooCommerce Setup feel free to contact by dialling our Toll-Free number and get instant service, dial + 1 844 275 0975.
4. If all else fails… downgrade
The best way to stop that notification and to catch up with theme developers a while ago is to provide you updates, is to downgrade WooCommerce.
It’s not easy (make sure that to take a full backup before upgrading and downgrading all the time!). But you can let it go on development/staging/clone/test/copy website before doing so on your live WooCommerce installation.
Visit the official WordPress repository at https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/developers/ and download the WooCommerce version before you can update. Maybe 2.5.5?
Download it on your computer, open it, open your File Transfer Protocol FTP or File Manager, and add “old” WooCommerce to your website’s “Plugin” folder.
Where FTP is used to transfer files from one local computer to a remote website, such as a WordPress blog. It is also used to download files from your WordPress website to your computer or to change files and directories permissions on a remote website.
Wrapping this all in end! We have discussed How to easily Update outdated WooCommerce Template Files?
Often we concluded Why and When the Outdated WooCommerce Template Files Error Appears?
We hope this article helped you! If you have any question or suggestion, feel free and use the comment box provided below.
In case of any assistance dial our WordPress Technical Support number, +1-855-945-3219 (Toll-Free). We will be glad to help you.