Simple Way to Export & Import WordPress Theme from Dashboard
- Last Updated: Sep 15th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: WordPress Knowledge
Are you looking to Export & Import WordPress theme from dashboard? Exporting your theme via WordPress dashboard is easier than accessing it through CPanel or FTP, generally for the average WordPress user. It is possible for anyone to download their theme without having to call a web designer or developer for help. In this article, we have shown how to Export & Import WordPress theme from the dashboard.
Why you need to export your WordPress Theme
- Backup your theme to your computer or Google Drive.
- Download and use the same theme on multiple websites.
- Move your theme to any new domain with a WordPress installation or hire a WordPress expert for getting instant help.
- It will give you the opportunity to create a .zip file that allows you to share your theme with others.
Way to Export & Import WordPress theme from the dashboard
Export your WordPress Theme
To export WordPress themes from your dashboard you can use a plugin which is WP-clone-template.
With this plugin, you will be able to the theme which you wish to export from your WordPress dashboard and download a .zip file. That can then be uploaded and installed on any self-hosted WordPress website.
Steps to export the content of your website to another website or platform:
- Firstly, Open your WordPress Dashboard.
- Then choose the Tools tab.
- Click on the Export secondary menu.
- After that choose what you want to export.
- If you have finished the process, press the Download Export File button.
Import your WordPress Theme
Steps for Importing content from another blog are given as below:
- Firstly open your WordPress Dashboard.
- Then select the Tools tab.
- Next, click on the Import sub-tab.
- Select a system to import your website.
- After that, install the WordPress Installer by clicking the WordPress link on the import page.
- To install the plugin directly on your website, the appeared box help you.
- If the plugin has been activated in the displayed window you should upload your content.
- After that, in the appeared screen you have to assign imported authors to existing authors.
- Finally, click the Submit button to import the content into your website.
Here, we have discussed “How to export and import WordPress theme form your site dashboard”. And often we concluded Why you need to export your WordPress Theme?
This blog is a step forward. Read the above steps carefully and do “Export & Import WordPress Theme from your website Dashboard”.
And this leads to the end of the blog!
If you have any problem related to this, let me know in the comment section provided below!