Finding a way to export & import WordPress theme from the dashboard? You are at the right place, keep reading the guide. Basically, exporting your WordPress theme via WordPress dashboard is a simple process than accessing it through cPanel or FTP. With this easiest way, any WordPress user can download their theme without the help of any WordPress developer or designer.
Here in this article, we will show you how to Export & Import WordPress theme from the dashboard. But before jumping to the solutions, we introduce you to the reasons why you export the WordPress theme. Let’s see:
Why do you need to export & import WordPress theme?
There are a lot of reasons that’s why you need to export & import WordPress theme, elaborated are as follows;
- To backup your theme to your computer or Google drive.
- You can use the same theme for many websites.
- To switch your WordPress theme to a new domain with a WordPress installation. You can also get help from WordPress support experts in case of any problem.
- You can share your theme with other users by creating a .zip file.
Now bending towards the solution, let’s get cracked how to import & export them from WordPress theme.
How to export & import WordPress theme from the dashboard
Export & import WordPress theme with a plugin
You can export your WordPress theme manually and with the help of plugins also. WP-clone-template is a plugin that will help you for the same. You just have to install and activate the plugin, the rest of the work does it yourself.
To install the plugin, open your WordPress dashboard and go to the Plugins>>Add New. For more detail visit our guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.
Once you installed the plugin, thereafter, select the theme you want to export. The plugin will download it in a .zip file that can be installed and uploaded on a self-hosted WordPress website.
Now let’s see how to export & import WordPress theme manually
- Very first open your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to the Tools>>Export sub-tab.
- Thereafter choose that you want to export.
- After that click on the Download Export File button.
That’s it, now we will tell you how we can import the WordPress theme from the dashboard. Let’s see;
To export & import WordPress theme manually follow the listed below steps:
This process is similar to the above (export process);
- The very first open your WordPress dashboard.
- Thereafter, go to the Tools>>Import tab.
- And choose the system that you want to import.
- After that, install the WordPress Installer by clicking the WordPress link on the import page.
- To install the plugin directly, the appeared box will help you.
- Once the WordPress plugin has been activated, thereafter you have to upload your content.
- Now, you have to assign imported authors to existing authors in the appeared screen.
- Finally, click on the Submit button. Now your content is completely imported into your website.
That’s all! now you can successfully import & export the WordPress theme via the dashboard.
Here, we have discussed “How to export and import the WordPress theme from the dashboard”. Exporting or importing a WordPress theme from the Dashboard can also free you from the dependence of a qualified or professional developer. Read the blog carefully and import and export your WordPress theme safely.
We hope you will get a proper solution on the related topic. Don’t hesitate to express your thought in the comment section box provided below.
If you have any problem related to this, let me know in the comment section provided below or contact our WordPress Support team for getting instant help. We provide the best support service to Install WordPress theme.