Sometimes it happens that you tried to load post button on your WordPress website but you did not succeed in it. Where the articles posted by the admin of a WordPress site are called posts. So, Its happens just only because of lack of knowledge. There are many plugins are available on the net, which helps you to easily add load post button on your WordPress website.
Where a plugin is defined as a type of software that contains a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They are used to provide additional functionality to your application.
Most of the popular platforms allow users to load posts when they reach to the bottom of the page. Load Posts button is an easy and light-weight plugin for adding a Load More Posts button to your WordPress blog posts. It provides quick and simple options for integrating the Load Posts button logically into your site’s existing design.
In this article, we will show how to add load posts button WordPress.
When and Why Add Load More Posts Button in WordPress websites
Most of the blogs use the simple ‘Older posts’ navigation link at the end of their home, blog, and archive pages. Few of the websites use numeric page navigation which adds more context.
In being said, let’s take a look at how to easily add load more posts button in your WordPress site.
Adding Load Posts Button in WordPress website
Here we are going to discuss some plugin with whom we can add load post button. There are so many plugins available but we will discuss some of them. These are easy to install and activate and will help you in hassle-free manner.
These plugins are following:
- Ajax Load More Posts Button plugin.
- Easy Load More
- WP Load More Posts
Here we are going to discuss these plugins briefly.
Ajax Load More Posts Button plugin
Assemble complex custom WordPress questions with the Ajax Load More shortcode manufacturer at that point add the created shortcode to your page by means of the content editor manager or straightforwardly into your template files.
Where templates are those files which control how your WordPress site will be displayed on the Web. These files draw information from your WordPress MySQL database and generate the HTML code which is then sent to the web browser.
As Shortcodes are those special functions/tags that allows the user to quickly and easily pull related bits of mentioned functionality into their content. A shortcode is a WordPress specific code that allows the user to do special things with very less comfort.
Ajax Load More is good for perpetual looking with famous eCommerce plugins, for example, WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
So, WooCommerce lets you create an e-commerce business (store), manage inventory, accept payments, and much more. It comes with almost all the functionalities that you require to open an online store. And through its extension system, it also posses many advanced capabilities.
It helps you sell products or services online from your WordPress site at a very affordable and accessible manner.
To use this follow give instruction.
- First, you can install and activate the Ajax Load Posts Button plugin. For more information see: How to install a Plugin in WordPress
- Beginning with activation, the plugin will add a new menu item labeled ‘Ajax Load More’ to your WordPress admin menu. click on it and head over to the plugin’s settings page.
- You can also choose the color of the button on the setting page. You can also replace the button significantly with an infinite scroll which loads next batch of posts without users clicking on the button.
- Then you can to visit Ajax Load More » Repeater Template page to add your template for displaying posts. The plugin is a basic template containing the WordPress loop to display posts. Similarly, it does not match with your theme and may look out of place on your website.
- To fix this, you want to copy the code which your theme uses to display posts on the index, archive, and blog pages. Commonly, this code is located in the template-parts folder of your theme. In this folder, you will see template to display different content. Some example includes: content-page.php, content-search.php, and more.
- Are you looking for the generic content.php template. Some example from our demo theme content.php file:
|<article id=”post-<?php the_ID(); ?>” <?php post_class(); ?>>|
// Post thumbnail.
if ( is_single() ) :
the_title( ‘<h1 class=”entry-title”>’, ‘</h1>’ );
the_title( sprintf( ‘<h2 class=”entry-title”><a href=”%s” rel=”bookmark”>’, esc_url( get_permalink() ) ), ‘</a></h2>’ );
</header><!– .entry-header –><div class=”entry-content”>
/* translators: %s: Name of current post */
__( ‘Continue reading %s’, ‘twenty fifteen’ ),
the_title( ‘<span class=”screen-reader-text”>’, ‘</span>’, false )
) );wp_link_pages( array(
‘before’ => ‘<div class=”page-links”><span class=”page-links-title”>’ . __( ‘Pages:’, ‘twenty fifteen’ ) . ‘</span>’,
‘after’ => ‘</div>’,
‘link_before’ => ‘<span>’,
‘link_after’ => ‘</span>’,
‘pagelink’ => ‘<span class=”screen-reader-text”>’ . __( ‘Page’, ‘twenty fifteen’ ) . ‘ </span>%’,
‘separator’ => ‘<span class=”screen-reader-text”>, </span>’,
</div><!– .entry-content –><?php
// Author bio.
if ( is_single() && get_the_author_meta( ‘description’ ) ) :
get_template_part( ‘author-bio’ );
<?php twentyfifteen_entry_meta(); ?>
<?php edit_post_link( __( ‘Edit’, ‘twenty fifteen’ ), ‘<span class=”edit-link”>’, ‘</span>’ ); ?>
</footer><!– .entry-footer –></article><!– #post-## –>
- When you find that code, you must to paste it inside the Repeater Templates field in plugin settings. Click on the ‘Save Template’ button to store your settings.
- Next, you must visit Ajax Load More » Shortcode Builder page to generate the shortcode.
- This page consists of many different options that you can customize. First, you must select the container type. If you are unreliable, just look at the template you copied earlier. Most of the modern themes use the <div>; element.
- Then scroll down to the button labels section. In this, you can change the text that appears on the button. By default, the plugin uses ‘Older Posts’, and you can change it to ‘Load posts’ or anything you want.
- Lastly, you must choose even if you want posts to load automatically or wait for users to click on the load posts button.
- Shortcode is now ready to be used. You will see the shortcode output in the right column. Move on and copy the shortcode and paste it in a text editor as you will need it in the next step.
Adding Load More Posts in WordPress Theme
In this part of the article requires you to add code to your WordPress theme files.
A WordPress theme is a group of stylesheets and templates that are used to describe the appearance and display of a WordPress site. A WordPress theme changes the layout & design of your site.
- First off all you must to find the template files where you add the load posts button in your theme. Depending on how your theme is organized, commonly these files are index.php, archives.php, categories.php, etc.
- You must add the shortcode you copied earlier into your theme right after the endwhile; tag.
- After all, we are adding the shortcode in a theme file, we will need to add it inside the do_shortcode function, like this:
echo do_shortcode(‘[ajax_load_more container_type=”div” post_type=”post”]’);
- Next, save your changes and visit your website to see the ‘Load more posts’ button in action.
Easy Load More
As opposed to having your clients download another page each time they snap to see more seasoned posts, accelerate your site by powerfully stacking those posts in agreement utilizing ajax. With insignificant altering to your topic records, Easy Load More will include a catch for ajax content stacking. Works consequently on your first page, any scientific classification or custom post compose page, any file page, and pursuit pages without uncommon design.
Easy Load More gives you exceedingly propelled customization without backing your site off. It offers very styled buttons that can be customized as far as hues and in addition movement.
WP Load More Posts
In case you’re searching for a plugin that completes a problem free joining of load posts button with your site, at that point WP Load Posts is most likely the best decision.
WP Load More Posts is a straightforward and light-weight module for effectively including a Load Posts button to your WordPress blog entries. It gives fast and simple alternatives to coordinating the Load Posts catch consistently into your site’s current outline.
No matter which plugin you use, as long as your website’s design is easy to use and understand, your visitors will keep coming back for more!
At the end we can say that we can add load more posts button with the help of some plugins in WordPress.
We hope that this article helped you in adding load more posts button in WordPress. You can also contact to our wordpress customer service in case of any help related to WordPress, dial +1-855-945-3219(Toll-Free). We will help you instantly so feel free to contact us.