When it comes to building a community or social networking site, the WordPress Kleo theme is the best option to consider. It can also be used to create all types of websites, but it is designed specifically to create a community or social networking site.
In addition, Kleo WordPress theme comes with a clean and simple design with great potential. The theme used for many purposes like creative portfolios, blogging, business websites, membership websites, online shops, etc.
Also, it has a number of demos that can be imported to your pre-built WordPress installation within a single click. Apart from that, it comes with a lot of advanced features that boost the functionality of your website. Finally, this is one of the best options that fulfill your business requirements.
In this guide, we have mentioned the complete details of the kleo theme; its features, functionality, and how easy it is to use. By the end of this guide, you will definitely have decided whether it is the right choice for your online business. So keep reading the guide.
Reasons to choose Kleo BuddyPress theme
Number of demos
Being a multipurpose theme, Kleo theme provides a lot of demos to create multi-type businesses that include news, restaurant, eCommerce, agency, portfolio, directory, e-learning, online community site, etc;
BuddyPress and bbPress integration
Kleo wp theme is fully integrated with BuddyPress and bbPress plugins. Further on, BuddyPress is a free WordPress plugin helps you to convert your site into a social network. While bbPress adds forums to your WordPress site.
However, the kleo WordPress community theme has some features and settings especially for this plugin under the Theme Options>>BuddyPress menu so that you can easily customize the appearance and layout of your BuddyPress pages.
You know WooCommerce is one of the best options for startup e-commerce business. The theme is fully integrated with WooCommerce setup. It has builtin styles and features especially for WooCommerce under the Theme Options>>WooCommerce menu so that you can easily customize layouts and display options for your WooCommerce shop and product pages.
Visual composer and drag & drop page builder
Kleo theme also comes with the visual composer plugin that helps you to create grid layouts with tabs, sliders, columns, and many more elements using drag & drop interface.
Additionally, a plugin named K element is specifically created for this theme that adds more elements to Visual Composer builder that includes;
- Text block: add text with animation effect.
- Buttons & separators: add horizontal lines or colorful buttons.
- Icon: 700+ fontello icons to choose from
- Let it snow: a 90s-style snowfall effect over a specific page of one section.
- Gap: An empty space
Display your portfolio and testimonials
Kleo portfolio theme allows you to add and display your portfolio and testimonials items. Portfolio pages are auto-created pages, but you can customize them by going to Theme Option>>Portfolio menu. Also, for portfolio plugin look at our guide WordPress portfolio plugins.
Additionally, you can also show your testimonials as an element just by adding them with Visual Composer.
Customization options of WordPress site
With this theme, you can customize your entire website. It has a WordPress customizer tool that helps you to modify your website. You can customize almost all parts of your website through the kleo theme option’s control panel.
Documentation & Support
The theme provides documentation on the SeventhQueen site so that you can’t face any problem during the installation and configuration of the theme. There are also some tutorials, video tutorials, and a knowledge base that will help you to troubleshoot the problem.
Further, if you are not able to solve the problem through documentation, you can go for a support ticket. Experts will respond to your query within 12 hours.
The Kleo theme comes with 6-months support, but you can also extend for 12 months by paying some additional charges.
Plugins included in kleo theme
- Revolutioner slider: plugin for slider
- K elements plugin: offer theme-specific shortcodes that you can use with Visual composer as elements.
- Visual Composer: drag & drop page builder.
- Go responsive plugin: to create price comparison table.
- BuddyPress: to convert your website into a social platform.
- bbPress: to add forums to your site.
- WooCommerce: to create a successful e-commerce store.
- rtMedia: to add media gallery in BuddyPress.
- Paid membership pro: to add membership features.
- iTheme security
- gravity forms
Installation & configuration of the theme
To install the theme, very first you need to download its files from Themeforest account;
- Go to the Download tab on Themeforest and search Kleo theme. Thereafter, press the download button and choose all files and documentation options.
- Once you have downloaded the theme from Themeforest, you can install it.
Note: The theme also has a child theme so that in future you can easily upgrade this.
You can install the theme via two methods;
1. WordPress admin interface
Installation through the WordPress admin interface
To install it through the WordPress dashboard, unzip the file you have downloaded from Themeforest.
- Now, go to “Appearance>>Themes>>Add New”.
- Thereafter, press the “choose file” button and upload the “kleo.zip” file that you have downloaded from ThemeForest.
- That’s it! You have successfully installed the theme.
- Follow the same process to install the child theme (Kleo.child.zip). Once you installed, then activate it.
Installation through FTP
First of all, you need to login to your hosting server through FTP software.
- Thereafter, unzip the kleo.zip file. Here you have to use only the extracted kleo theme folder.
- Now, upload this extracted folder into the “wp-content>>themes folder“.
- Finally, navigate to “Appearance>>Themes” and activate it.
Note: if you upload the full package you will face a “no stylesheet found” error.
Once you have successfully installed the theme, you will be redirected to a welcome page of the theme.
On this page, you will see the evaluation of your server status and some useful hints to set up any required settings. Note that some settings are advanced to which you may have to contact your web hosting company for help. You can see the mentioned below screenshot;
Next is the register tab where you can register your theme for automatic updates.
After that, the next tab is Theme Addons. In this tab, you can select and install various plugins and a built-in child theme for safe customization. The theme has some of the plugin to work properly like; Revolutioner slider, Visual Composer, BuddyPress, and many more.
Once you install the plugin, go to the next tab “Import Demo Data” to import your required data.
Further on, in this tab, you will see a number of one-click importer demos to choose from. Select one of them to install settings and content. The demo includes;
- Magazine styles
- Registration landing page
- Mobile app
- e-commerce shop
- And many more…
Design & layout customization
Here you can customize your site’s layout & design by going to the Theme Options in your WordPress dashboard.
All the options under Theme Options are very flexible that allows you to make your site look amazing.
Additionally, you can customize your site color by going to “Appearance>>Customize>>Styling Options”. Also, you can see your site preview.
By default, WordPress comes with one main sidebar area, but this theme allows you to create your own widget areas.
- Go to “Appearance>>Sidebars” and click the “Add New Sidebar” button to create your own.
- After that, go to “Appearance>>Widgets” menu and place widgets here, then choose it in the Sidebar section when you edit your page.
Updating kleo theme
The theme can also be updated in two ways; Automatically and manually;
For automatic updates, you have to install a plugin. We suggest you use Envato Market plugin.
Manually theme update by FTP
To update the kleo theme manually, first of all, download the latest version of the theme from Themeforest.
- Thereafter, copy the “kleo” folder by going to wp-content/themes and save it to your computer because you should have a backup of your old files.
- After that, unzip the “kleo.zip” file you have downloaded from Themeforest.
- Delete all files from “wp-content/themes/kleo” and place all new files inside the “kleo” folder to your server in wp-content.themes/kleo.
- Lastly, navigate to “WordPress dashboard>>Theme” options and save the options because some dynamic elements can be added. That’s it! you have successfully updated the theme.
- Multiple header layouts
- AJAX-powered live notifications
- AJAX-powered live search shortcode
- Google fonts integration
- Single-click demo importer
- Facebook login & registration
- BuddyPress specific shortcodes
- Membership site ready
- Multiple custom sidebar supported
- Number of page templates
- Child theme
- 40+ inner page templates
- Fully mobile responsive
- Outstanding support
- And much more
Our score review regarding kleo theme
You already know that the theme is a well-designed multipurpose theme that comes with a lot of features and plugins. As we have mentioned above, if you have any idea to build a community or social networking site in your mind, this is one of the best options.
Like everything, the theme has not only pros but also cons. Depending on these pros and cons we have given a score review to this theme;
- It has a large collection of demos.
- It has the capability to create community and social networking sites.
- You can also create an online shop with this theme.
- It provides documentation support so that you don’t face any problem during installation & configuration.
- Customization options and settings
- Lastly, one of the best multipurpose themes to create any type of site.
- It may be a bit difficult to switch another theme without experts.
- A lot of settings and required plugins for a small business.
Depending on these merits and demerits we give it 4.5 out of 5 stars Overall with all 5-star rating from the performance.
Pricing & revenue of kleo theme
Kleo theme costs $59/year with a regular license and 6 months of support from SeventhQueen. But you can also extend your support by paying an extra $17.63.
Each sale of this theme costs $59 on ThemeForest. Till 15/01/2019 ThemeForest has done 19534 sales. So the total revenue earned by this theme is ($59 X 19534) = $1152506
In the End
We hope this informative guide on Kleo WordPress theme helps you to create an effective Community Website that can ultimately allow you to show your ideas over the internet. That’s all for now!
If you face any problems related to WordPress theme customization, you can contact to our WordPress help experts. Dial our WordPress support phone number +1-855-945-3219( Toll-Free)