How to create WooCommerce plugin “Add to Cart” URL button. Well, you are just eager to know why. It is an important method where a user is converted into a customer. Once a user adds the product into the cart it means that he/she is going to purchase products from your WooCommerce setup. In WooCommerce plugin, you can add the products to the cart from the shop page or detail a complete page for many type of products.
Sometimes it is good to have a well designed landing page with featured products created by the you. In order for consumers to purchase a product, you can use the woocommerce pluginshortcode [add_to_cart].
Bending towards the point, create link for “Add to Cart” WooCommerce plugin and use the link to add products to the cart and redirect to specific pages which includes variable and grouped products, etc. Well this guide will make your task much easier where you can add WooCommerce plugin custom “Add to Cart” button to multiple pages including shop page, details page, landing page or even in pricing tables.
How to create custom “Add to Cart URL” in WooCommerce plugin?
Simple Products : Add to Cart URL
Starting with a simple product. These products are quite easy to add to a cart through custom URL. Just search the product ID by going to product title under WooCommerce>>Products and use the given below links as shown in a below image.
[image source file: www.businessbloomer.com]
URL : Add one simple product to cart
href = “http://yourdomain.com/?add-to-cart=25″
- From above reference, remember to change the domain name in the above link, as the button will work out of the box. where a product with ID as 25 will be added to the cart.
URL : Add one simple product to cart with quantity = 3
href = ”http://yourdomain.com/?add-to-cart=25 &quantity=3″
- 1 product with ID as 25 and quantity as 3 will be added to the cart.
- Note: Remember that two different products cannot be added to a cart with the same URL.
URL : Add one simple product to cart & redirect to cart afterwards
href = ”http://yourdomain.com/cart/?add-to-cart=25″
- If you have changed the URL for the cart, then make sure that you change “/cart/” into “/basket/” – for example.
- For this, you will have check/tick the enable AJAX “Add to Cart” button in the archives option under WooCommerce>>Settings>>Products>>General.
URL : Add one simple product to cart & redirect to checkout afterwards
href = ”http://yourdomain.com/checkout/?add-to-cart=25″
- For this , check/tick the enable AJAX “Add to Cart” button in archives option under WooCommerce>>Settings>>Products>>General.
- And disable “Redirect to cart page after successful addition”.
URL: Add one simple product to cart & redirect to any page afterwards
href = ”http://yourdomain.com/your_custom_page/?add-to-cart=25″
- For this, you have to Enable the AJAX add to cart buttons on archives” option under WooCommerce>>Settings>>Products>>General.
- And disable “Redirect to the cart page after successful addition”.
Variable Products : “Add to Cart” URL
Here things get quite challenging!
There are one or more attributes and quantity in the variable products. You will have to find the variation ID, attribute NAME slug and the attribute TERM slug along with the product ID.
You can see the images shown below!
As you will have a product ID, variation ID, and its specific properties, you can use the following:
URL : Add one variable product to cart (with 1 attribute only)
href = ”http://yourdomain.com/?add-to-cart=47&variation_id=88&attribute_pa_colour=blue”
- Here we are adding variable product ID 47, and its variation ID as 88, where the color attribute is equal to blue.
- We know it seems a bit complex but with its gets easy after you spend time working on this.
URL : Add one variable product to cart (with 2 attributes)
href = ”http://yourdomain.com/?add-to-cart=47&variation_id=88&attribute_pa_colour=blue&attribute_pa_size=m”
- Here we are adding variable product ID 47, and its variation ID as 88, where the color attribute is blue and size attribute is “M”.
URL: Add one variable product to cart (with 2 attributes and Quantity = 3)
href = ”http://yourdomain.com/?add-to-cart=47&variation_id=88&quantity=3&attribute_pa_colour=blue&attribute_pa_size=m”
- In addition to this, you can also redirect to cart, checkout and another page in the same way as we have discussed for the simple product page.
URL : Add one variable product to cart & redirect to cart
href = ”http://yourdomain.com/cart/?add-to-cart=47&variation_id=88&attribute_pa_colour=blue”
URL : Add one variable product to cart & redirect to checkout
URL : Add one variable product to cart & redirect to any page
href = ”http://yourdomain.com/any-page-url/?add-to-cart=47&variation_id=88&attribute_pa_colour=blue”
Grouped Products: Add to Cart URL
I recently worked with grouped products and my task was to add the products to cart via custom URL. The grouped product is a combination of two or more sub-products where a product can be added individually with a custom quantity to the cart.
Utilization of group products in a cart provides time saving benefit to the customer.
[Image Source File: www.businessbloomer.com]
URL : Add a grouped product to the cart
You will need find a grouped product ID – which can be found through above steps, and has to be done with sub-product ID too. Thereafter use reference like this:
href = ”http://yourdomain.com/?add-to-cart=3111&quantity=5&quantity=2″
However, In this case, we are adding the grouped product ID 3111, and 5x product ID 1803 and 2x product ID 2.
Note: You may need to be specific for the quantity  = 0 where you may wish to add “zero” for one of the sub-products.
Now you have successfully added the WooCommere “Add to Cart” URLs. After understanding this module feature, let us move ahead…
After enabling WooCommerce product “Add to Cart”
Once enabled WooCommerce plugin “Add to Cart” module, it allows:
- To add product to the customer’s cart automatically when they visit a product page.
- To redirect customers to any page on your site, once customers have successfully added a product to their cart.
- To disable the quantity field for all the products on cart page.
- To replace standard WooCommerce plugin drop-down box with radio buttons in variable products
- To enable/disable shopping cart buttons as per product basis.
- To enable to open the external product in a new window on add to cart option.
WooCommerce Add to Cart URL Button Not Working
There can be certain reasons for WooCommerce plugin “Add to Cart” button not working, stated as follows:
- A Theme or Plugin conflict
- Memory issues
- Wrong Cart or Checkout page link
Can a plugin and theme interfere with the shopping cart button?
How to find out theme or plugin conflict?
You will be required to disable all your plugins except the WooCommerce plugin and need to check whether it solves the issue or not.
In case it does solve the issue, then the reason is plugin conflicts and you will have to enable the plugins one after the another to find out the conflicting plugin.
If this does not solve the issue, then you may switch to a default theme. If switching between the themes solves this issue, then you may conclude that there is technical fault in the theme.
In this case, you need to contact the theme vendor with whom the purchase was created or contact the website through where the purchase was made depending upon the place where you bought the theme for an example like the ‘ThemeForest’ or some other site.
Considering the theme to be a custom built, then you will have to check the browser console for any kind of error message. If you don’t find any similar message on the console, then monitor the XHR requests while clicking the “Add to Cart” button and send a request to the server for monitor.
If deactivating all the plugins except WooCommerce and switching to a default theme does not help
In this situation check the memory limit in the WooCommerce plugin by going through its system status. If you find it to be below 64MB which could be a reason. Therefore, you are always required to keep your memory limit to128MB for a WooCommerce plugin powered store. Keep a check if there is any kind of change on the cart and all the checkout pages on the settings or the pages with shortcode if it is correct.
Note that in order to use WooCommerce plugin properly PHP and MySQL version should be 5.6 or higher.
If any of the above-interpreted tips does not help, then please feel free to comment below. We will get back to you with a positive response to all your queries soon.
Change the default “Add To Cart URL” button text
Think about which custom WordPress “Add to Cart” button text will work better for your e-commerce store and is the suitable one. As, there are lot of options where you can change your default WooCommerce shopping cart button text such to ‘Enroll Now’, ‘Book a Place’, ‘Add To Quote’, ‘Buy’, ‘Add Product’ or ‘Make an Enquiry’ buttons as per your convenience.
To change your text, you just need to add given below code in your theme’s function.php file or in a site-specific plugin.
Thereafter, change your “Add to Cart” text on line 4 as per your choice.
Plugins to add WooCommerce “Add to Cart” button
1. WooCommerce Custom Add To Cart Button
WooCommerce custom “Add to Cart” button is a WordPress plugin to customize add to cart button of your WooCommerce store. By using this plugin you can also change your WooCommerce shopping cart text by replacing the text with an icon, or add a cart icon to the button.
This plugin is fully accessible. If you want to just display the cart icon, the text is still present in the HTML and can be read by screen readers. More so all the options are set in the customizer. After installing, you need to go to the Appearance>>Customize>>WooCommerce>>Add to cart and select your settings.
- It shows a cart icon and removes the text.
- Add the cart next to next.
- It can change add to the cart button text.
- With this, you will get full control on “Add to Cart” button where text appears in lowercase, uppercase or in sentence case.
2. Ultimate Custom “Add to Cart” Button For WooCommerce
Ultimate custom “Add to Cart” button for WooCommerce plugin is also a WordPress plugin which allows you to completely customize “Add to Cart” button on your e-commerce store. This also helps you to create shopping cart button to increase your sales via the roof.
- It works with all themes.
- This can change the button’s background color.
- It customizes button text on simple, variable, and grouped product.
Wrapping this all in the end! As we have discussed about creating custom “Add to Cart” URLs in WooCommerce plugin.
Also, we have mentioned the steps with brief explanation. So, follow the above steps and create custom “Add to Cart” URL.
We hope this code saves you time & money. Please let us know in the comments if everything worked as expected. We would be happy to revise the snippet for any difficulty.
Need instant help for WordPress? Just feel free to avail our Services by dialling our WordPress help number, +1-855-945-3219 We will be glad to help you.Thanks!
Read More Blogs: