Lot’s of people have asked for support regarding the broken image in the media library. Either you are unable to upload an image or if able to do so it shows broken as below.
In this article, you will get to know How to fix Image upload issue in WordPress
There are many types of error that comes while uploading an image in WordPress. For solving the image uploading issue you’ll have to set the correct file permissions for the uploading directory.
Why do image upload issue in WordPress occurs?
This usually occurs due to the wrong file permission some of them are:-
1) Http error:- It is the most common issue It occurs when you usually try to upload an image large in pixel size than the HTTP error comes automatically.
To solve it:-
- Decrease the size of your image before uploading it: Paint application is used for the pc user and for mac you can use the Preview application.
- Plugin:-Some plugin might cause the issue and disable the plugin regularly one at a time.clear all the history of the browser and at last visit the media uploader for the uploading of the image.
- Increase the PHP memory and ModSecurity
2) Unable to create the broken image in the media directory: For this, log into your server and after navigating to wp-content/uploads/. Use your FTP program to change the upload folder permission to 755 and clear your browser cache. At last login to your WordPress and visit the media library.
- Login to your server.
- Navigate to wp-content/uploads/.
- Use your FTP program to change the upload folder permission to 755 and clear your browser cache.
- At last login to your WordPress and visit the media library.
3) If the file exceeds the upload maximum file size:- Using .htaccess file and file Editing php.in File which is the default configuration file, you can fix this error.
4) Changing the file permission:– For this, you should use the FTP Client and you can access the host control panel.
5) Deactivate all the plugins: Try deactivating the plugin before you upload the images
6) Changing the PHP version: PHP is a server-side scripting language and WordPress is developed using the PHP language so your plugins and themes need to be updated regularly.
7) Increasing the site’s Memory Limit: It may require accessing your site using the FTP server and coding in them.
If you feeling any sort of difficulty in resolving image upload issue in WordPress, you can always take help from our WordPress technical support team. We will be pleased to help you. To get instant support service, Dial: +1 844 275 0975.