WordPress allows different types of content and usually also hold it. A single item related to any content is known as post. Whenever WordPress add different type of content, pages etc, they are categories into posts. Where you can easily understand different types of posts.
Types of Default Posts in WordPress
The default post types are as follows:
- Page- In WordPress, pages are like posts. Pages can be managed in a hierarchical structure in WordPress.
- Post- The articles posted by admin of a WordPress site are called posts. These are also called blogs. Posts are arranged in reverse sequential order in WordPress.
- Revision- Revision is basically a recycle bin for WordPress. Because it keeps drafts posts which user saved as draft and also keeps revision of a published post.
- Attachment- Attachment keeps those files which are uploaded to the WordPress site. It keeps images, video etc. Files are uploaded to WordPress through WordPress media upload system.
- Navigation Menu- Navigation menu holds all options related to WordPress admin. It keeps post, media, page etc.
- Custom CSS- Custom CSS is a specific post of themes related to the customer’s “Additional CSS” screen. Each post have their own post.
- Changesets- Changesets is a system which holds all the auto-saves. WordPress always keeps all the data that are keep changes to it.